£16 million redevelopment on schedule
Harvey Hadden Sports Complex is currently being redeveloped and is on schedule to open in 2015. Once completed, Harvey Hadden will provide world class sports facilities to inspire Nottingham’s future generations.
The development is the largest investment of Nottingham City Council’s Leisure Centre Transformation Programme and will contribute to the ongoing regeneration of this area of the city.
The communities around the site are extremely important to us. This newsletter aims to keep you, our local residents and future customers, informed about the building progress on site and how these may affect you.
The £16m redevelopment, which includes £1.94m from Sport England's Iconic Facilities Fund, will include state of the art facilities:
- 50 metre swimming pool with two adjustable pool floors which can divided into two 25 metre pools
- two multi-use activity studios for fitness movement and dance
- fitness room/gym
- health suite - sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi
- a 1.5km closed road cycling circuit
- expanded athletics track from 7 to 8 lanes
- upgrades to the existing football pitches
- three new squash courts
- new male and female dry changing rooms
- new pool changing village with baby, disabled, and group/school changing areas
- improved access and facilities for disabled people, including a 'Changing Places' facility
- pool viewing and spectator seating
- vending area and cafeteria facilities.